Skip to main content

Horrifying details of how herbalist, friend kill man for ritual

                        
The suspects and the victim. Photo: TVC
A graphic and horrifying details have emerged on how a herbalist and his friend allegedly killed an unknown man for ritual in Ogun State.
The herbalist, Owolabi Mesioye and his friend identified as Oloruntoyin, have been arrested by the Ogun State Police Command for killing the unknown man for human sacrifice at Alaako-Ijeun Egboro area of Abeokuta, Ogun State on March 28th.
According to the police, Oloruntoyin allegedly lured the victim to his home near Mesioye’s residence at night, and then called on the herbalist that he had brought the man to be used for the ritual they had talked about.
The duo lured the victim to the back of Oloruntoyin’s residence, where they allegedly hit him with a charm that made him unconscious.
According to TVC, the neighbours who had seen Oloruntoyin come home with the man grew suspicious when they did not see the man again. The worried neighbours searched for the missing man for two days before they found his dead body floating on a fish pond behind Oloruntoyin’s house on Thursday March 28th.
The matter was reported at the Ibara Police Division, but men of the station could not visit the scene until the following day.
It was learnt that Mesioye, who was to celebrate his annual Ifa festival on March 30th had denied his complicity in the human sacrifice scandal. He was said to have accused residents of the area of being hostile to him and trying to frame him up for what he knew nothing about.
A source said ‘’The herbalist had been warned several times to desist from placing sacrifices at junctions in the community. He was summoned to a meeting by the community leaders but he did not honour the invitation. Same with Oloruntoyin, who also has not been attending landlords’ meetings,’’
Confirming the incident, the state police command spokesperson, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said the case had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Eleweran, Abeokuta, where the suspects are currently detained.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Horror as a whistle blower uncovers horrific abuse Chinese company in Aba allegedly subject their Nigerian staff to

                                     A whistleblower has exposed the horrific abuse and discrimination he allegedly uncovered in a Chinese company operating in Nigeria.   The Twitter user said the company located in at Umuahala, Obuzor Asa, in Ukwa West LGA of Abia State, is managed by Chinese while most of their workers are Nigerians.     However, he said the Nigerian staff are made to work under the most "dehumanizing conditions ever known to mankind".   He reported that every Nigerian staff is expected to call every Chinese staff "Master or Mistress".   He added that "male Nigerian workers are physically assaulted, while their female counterparts are sexually assaulted without any consequence."   When a Nigerian staff errs, the Chinese staff allegedly employ the services of Nigerian soldiers to discipline them mercilessly.    ...

Lagos peaks again as Nigeria records 329 more Coronavirus cases

                                Nigeria recorded 329 more cases of Coronavirus on Friday, with Lagos topping the chat with 113 new infections. With the figures, Nigeria’s total confirmed Coronavirus cases is put at 48,445. Though, the fresh cases recorded by the nation is still on the lower side when compared with the 373 cases raked in on Thursday, the rise in infections in Lagos greatly boosted the new figures. Lagos’ 113 new cases is almost twice the 69 cases it recorded on Thursday. The 329 new cases were recorded in 21 states in the nation. Kaduna came a distant second with 49 cases, with FCT following with 33 cases; Plateau, 24 cases; Kano, 16 cases; Edo, 15 cases; Ogun, 14 cases; Delta, 13 cases and Osun, 10 cases. Others are: Oyo-8, Ekiti-6, Bayelsa-6, Akwa Ibom-5, Borno-4, Enugu-4, Ebonyi-3, Rivers-2, Bauchi-1, Nasarawa-1, Gombe-1 and Niger-1. Nine deaths were recorded on Thursday to take total numb...

SARS officers allegedly chase three suspected internet fraudsters to their death

  Young men in Osogbo, Osun state took to the streets to protest after three suspected internet fraudsters were allegedly chased to their death by SARS officers today September 15 According to eyewitnesses, the young men were riding in their car when the SARS officers attempted to stop them. They refused to stop and the SARS officers engaged them in a hot chase. The driver of the car veered off the road and hit an electric pole. While one of the occupants in the car died on the spot, two others died later. Aggrieved youths in the area dumped one of the corpses in front of Osun Government House, Oke Fia, and destroyed a motorcycle. Also, the protesters, who were mostly youths, also targeted police operatives and attacked many bystanders around Oke Fia, Alekuwodo, and Ilobu road.   The spokesperson of the state police command is yet to comment on the incident.