Skip to main content

Police parade vicious robbers, kidnappers, responsible for the death of ex- Commissioner, others, along Abuja-Kaduna highway



                           Police parade vicious robbers, kidnappers, responsible for the death of ex- Commissioner, others, along Abuja-Kaduna highway
The police in Abuja on Wednesday, paraded eight vicious and notorious suspected robbers and kidnappers, said to be allegedly responsible for the death of a former Commissioner in Katsina State, Prof. Halimatu Idris on 22 July.
The eight suspects were also responsible for the recent killings, kidnappings and armed robbery attacks on Kaduna-Abuja-Kano roads including the  attack on the Director, National Agricultural Research Extensions and Liaison Services, Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria, Prof. Mohammed Othman, and abduction of a mum and her seven-month baby.
The police said six of their victims were rescued and the suspects were caught after a gun battle with special forces.
The suspects, Lawal Tukur, 40; Sulaiman Sani, 27; Abubakar Ahmad, 30; Abubakar Adamu, 33; Yahaya Musa, 33; Kabiru Bala, 23; Rufai Tukur, 26 and Shehu Audi, 32, had unleashed terror on road users on Abuja-Kaduna-Kano Highway before their arrest by operatives of Operation Absolute Sanity.
Police parade vicious robbers, kidnappers, responsible for the death of ex- Commissioner, others, along Abuja-Kaduna highway

Sani and Adamu confessed to have killed four persons, the police said, adding that Bala kidnapped Rahinatu Shehu, 51, a mother, Aisha Sani, 23, with her seven-month-old baby at their Mararaba Guga town, Giwa Local Government home.
Police spokesman Jimoh Moshood said two AK47 rifles, three pairs of fake military uniforms, cutlasses, motorcycle as well as Shedda cloth and other items belonging to their victims were recovered from the suspects.
He said their arrest followed an order by Inspector-General of Police Ibrahim Idris (IG) that those responsible for the July 22 murder of the former commissioner and other heinous crimes in the axis should be arrested.
“Investigation is in progress and effort is being intensified to nab other suspects. They will be arraigned after investigation,” said Moshood.

He said operatives and equipment had been deployed in the axis to ensure safety, adding that the IG has directed the return to Kaduna State, the Police Mobile Force (PMF) squadrons in MOPOL 1, 47 and 61, who were on special duties outside.
The spokesman said: “PMF units of the Squadrons in MOPOL 1 Kaduna, MOPOL 47 Zaria and MOPOL 61 Kafanchan on special duties outside the state have been ordered by the IG to return to Kaduna State to tighten security, particularly on Kaduna-Abuja highway, Kaduna-Zaria-Kano, Kaduna-BirninGwari-Zamfara-Funtua-Zamfara highway and other flash points.” he said.
On the situation in Zamfara, he said peace had been restored, adding that more policemen were deployed following the attack on Kodi village in Zurmi Local Government on July 24, during which four people were killed.
"The Force is embarking on police crime prevention, visibility and confidence building patrols. The people in the affected villages have started returning to their homes. Thirty-five bandits have been arrested in connection with the recent attacks in villages in Zamfara State. Six AK47 rifles, 15 locally-fabricated guns, 183 AK47 ammunition and seven live cartridges were recovered from the bandits. The suspects have made useful statements to the police and confessed to the killings.”
Read the rest of the Press Release below:
Lawal Tukur a.k.a Sawaita 40yrs - The Leader of the Gang
Sulaiman Sani a.k.a Maude 27yrs – Principal Suspects (Confessed to have Killed Four (4) People )
Abubakar Ahmad a.k.a Buzu 30yrs native of Sabon Fegi town
Abubakar Adamu a.k.a Gurgu 33yrs native of Tashan Zomo town - Confessed to have Killed Four (4) People
Yahaya Musa 33yrs – Principal Suspects
Kabiru Bala 23yrs native of Shika Town - kidnaps women and children particularly the Kidnap of Rahinatu Shehu 'F' 51yrs, Aisha Sani 'F' 23yrs and her Seven (7) Months old Baby at their residence in Mararaba Guga town, Giwa LGA along Kaduna-Zaria road
Rufai Tukur 26yrs Native of Tashan Zomo town who runs errands to the Notorious Gang
Shehu Audi 32yrs of Tashan Zomo in Kaduna State - kidnaps women and children particularly the Kidnap of Rahinatu Shehu 'F' 51yrs, Aisha Sani 'F' 23yrs and her Seven (7) Months old Baby at their residence in Mararaba Guga town, Giwa LGA along Kaduna-Zaria road
EXHIBITS
Two (2) AK47 Rifles
Three (3) pairs of suspected fake military uniforms
Cutlasses
Motorbike
Shedda Cloth and other properties belonging to some of the victims
2. As part of measures to restore safety and normalcy on the Abuja-Kaduna, and Kaduna-Kano Highways, the IGP ordered additional deployments of Police personnel and vehicular patrol teams to re-gird Operation Absolute Sanity to rid the routes of these bandits and hoodlums.
3. Secondly, all Police Mobile Force (PMF) Units of the PMF Squadrons in MOPOL 1 Kaduna, MOPOL 47 Zaria and MOPOL 61 Kafanchan on special duties outside the State have been ordered by the IGP to return back to Kaduna State to beef-up security in the State, particularly on Kaduna-Abuja highway, Kaduna-Zaria-Kano, Kaduna-BirninGwari-Zamfara-Funtua-Zamfara highway and other flash points in the State.
4.The IGP Intelligence Response Team (IRT) working on reliable intelligence embarked on massive raid of identified kidnappers dens, hideouts and black spots on Kaduna-Abuja, Kaduna-Zaria-Kano highways. The IGP Intelligence Response Team (IRT) personnel engaged the bandits in a shootout that lasted several hours and at the end effect the arrest of the eight (8) suspects and recovered from them the listed exhibits. Six (6) of their victims were rescued from captivities.
5.All the suspects confessed to the various criminal roles they played in the commission of the crimes.
6.   Investigation is in progress and effort is being intensified to arrest other suspects still at large. They will all be arraigned in court on completion of investigation.
7.   Zamfara State: Normalcy has been restored with additional deployments of Police personnel after the attack on Kodi Village in Zurmi Local Government Area on 24th July, 2018 where Four (4) people were killed. The Force is already embarking on Police Crime Prevention, Visibility and Confidence Building Patrols. The people in the affected Villages have started returning to their homes.
ii.   Arrest:
Thirty Five (35) Bandits have been arrested in connection with the recent attacks in some villages in Zamfara State.
iii.  Six (6) AK47 Rifles, Fifteen (15) Locally Fabricated Guns, One Hundred and Eighty Three (183) AK47 Ammunition, Seven (7) Live cartridges were recovered from the Bandits
iv.  All the suspects have made useful statements to the Police investigators and confessed to the killings in the affected villages.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lagos peaks again as Nigeria records 329 more Coronavirus cases

                                Nigeria recorded 329 more cases of Coronavirus on Friday, with Lagos topping the chat with 113 new infections. With the figures, Nigeria’s total confirmed Coronavirus cases is put at 48,445. Though, the fresh cases recorded by the nation is still on the lower side when compared with the 373 cases raked in on Thursday, the rise in infections in Lagos greatly boosted the new figures. Lagos’ 113 new cases is almost twice the 69 cases it recorded on Thursday. The 329 new cases were recorded in 21 states in the nation. Kaduna came a distant second with 49 cases, with FCT following with 33 cases; Plateau, 24 cases; Kano, 16 cases; Edo, 15 cases; Ogun, 14 cases; Delta, 13 cases and Osun, 10 cases. Others are: Oyo-8, Ekiti-6, Bayelsa-6, Akwa Ibom-5, Borno-4, Enugu-4, Ebonyi-3, Rivers-2, Bauchi-1, Nasarawa-1, Gombe-1 and Niger-1. Nine deaths were recorded on Thursday to take total numb...

SARS officers allegedly chase three suspected internet fraudsters to their death

  Young men in Osogbo, Osun state took to the streets to protest after three suspected internet fraudsters were allegedly chased to their death by SARS officers today September 15 According to eyewitnesses, the young men were riding in their car when the SARS officers attempted to stop them. They refused to stop and the SARS officers engaged them in a hot chase. The driver of the car veered off the road and hit an electric pole. While one of the occupants in the car died on the spot, two others died later. Aggrieved youths in the area dumped one of the corpses in front of Osun Government House, Oke Fia, and destroyed a motorcycle. Also, the protesters, who were mostly youths, also targeted police operatives and attacked many bystanders around Oke Fia, Alekuwodo, and Ilobu road.   The spokesperson of the state police command is yet to comment on the incident.

Ex-wife of revered South African playwright, Mbongeni Ngema accuses 'Sarafina' star Leleti Khumalo of being in an adulterous relationship with ex-husband

Xoliswa Nduneni-Ngema, the ex-wife of revered South African playwright Mbongeni Ngema has accused Sarafina protagonist Leleti Khumalo of being in an adulterous relationship with her former husband while they were married.    Nduneni who recalled how she assaulted Khumalo after discovering that she was involved in an adulterous affair with Ngema in her tell-all book titled Heart of A Strong Woman, noted that she is not proud of what she did.   Recalling what happened at that time, the playwright's ex-wife who is currently the CEO of Joburg City Theatres, said she left Joburg in 1985 and went to KwaZulu-Natal to finish her degree, leaving the Sarafina crew, including Khumalo and her husband to continue with the work of the theatrical drama in preparation for a series of overseas performances.   Leleti Khumalo   She said she was shocked when her mother warned her to be careful of Khumalo when she returned home from Durban for the Easter holidays...