Skip to main content

Sadiya Umar Farouq - My ministry is not linked to N2.67bn school feeding money which was found in a private account

My ministry is not linked to it ? Sadiya Umar Farouq makes clarification on N2.67bn school feeding money which was found in a private account


 Minister of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development, Sadiya Umar Farouq has made a clarification on the N2.67bn school feeding money which was found in a private account. 

 

Recall LIB reported earlier that Chairman of ICPC, Prof. Bolaji Owasanoye disclosed this while delivering a keynote address at the second National Summit on Diminishing Corruption with the theme: “Together Against Corruption and the launch of the National Ethics and Integrity Policy” held at the Council Chambers of the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Monday September 28. 

 

Sadiya Farouq in a statement released by her special assistant on media and publicity Nneka Ikem Anibeze, said the school feeding in question is different from the home grown school feeding programme which is one of the humanitarian ministry’s social investment programmes (SIP).

 

The Minister who further insisted that the other cases of fraud mentioned by the ICPC have nothing to do with her ministry, called on the general public to disregard the false reports being linked to the ministry as it is not in anyway involved in the Federal Government Colleges School Feeding. 

 

The statement read; 

 

“The Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development hereby informs the public that the Federal Government Colleges school feeding in question is different from the Home Grown School Feeding which is one of its Social Investment Programmes. 

“That the School Feeding under scrutiny is feeding of students in Federal Government Colleges across the country and is not under the Federal ministry of Humanitarian Affairs which only oversees Home Grown School Feeding for children in Primaries 1-3 in select public schools across the country.

“That the over N2.5 billion which was reportedly misappropriated by a senior civil servant (name withheld) took place in a different ministry and not the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development.

“The Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development calls on The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, ICPC to publish the names of persons, federal colleges and school heads whose names have been found to be associated with the missing funds and also freeze the accounts where the said funds were diverted. 

“The Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs therefore calls on the general public to disregard the false reports being linked to the ministry as it is not in anyway involved in the Federal Government Colleges School Feeding.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lagos peaks again as Nigeria records 329 more Coronavirus cases

                                Nigeria recorded 329 more cases of Coronavirus on Friday, with Lagos topping the chat with 113 new infections. With the figures, Nigeria’s total confirmed Coronavirus cases is put at 48,445. Though, the fresh cases recorded by the nation is still on the lower side when compared with the 373 cases raked in on Thursday, the rise in infections in Lagos greatly boosted the new figures. Lagos’ 113 new cases is almost twice the 69 cases it recorded on Thursday. The 329 new cases were recorded in 21 states in the nation. Kaduna came a distant second with 49 cases, with FCT following with 33 cases; Plateau, 24 cases; Kano, 16 cases; Edo, 15 cases; Ogun, 14 cases; Delta, 13 cases and Osun, 10 cases. Others are: Oyo-8, Ekiti-6, Bayelsa-6, Akwa Ibom-5, Borno-4, Enugu-4, Ebonyi-3, Rivers-2, Bauchi-1, Nasarawa-1, Gombe-1 and Niger-1. Nine deaths were recorded on Thursday to take total numb...

Horror as a whistle blower uncovers horrific abuse Chinese company in Aba allegedly subject their Nigerian staff to

                                     A whistleblower has exposed the horrific abuse and discrimination he allegedly uncovered in a Chinese company operating in Nigeria.   The Twitter user said the company located in at Umuahala, Obuzor Asa, in Ukwa West LGA of Abia State, is managed by Chinese while most of their workers are Nigerians.     However, he said the Nigerian staff are made to work under the most "dehumanizing conditions ever known to mankind".   He reported that every Nigerian staff is expected to call every Chinese staff "Master or Mistress".   He added that "male Nigerian workers are physically assaulted, while their female counterparts are sexually assaulted without any consequence."   When a Nigerian staff errs, the Chinese staff allegedly employ the services of Nigerian soldiers to discipline them mercilessly.    ...

Straying cows cause ghastly motor accident in River

Straying cows owned by suspected Fulani herdsmen caused a ghastly accident along the Port Harcourt Airport road in Rivers state. The straying cows came out from the bush, facing sn oncoming Toyota Camry. The car got damaged when the driver tried to avoid hitting the straying cows.  A witness at the scene of the accident, Ezebunwo Ichemati, shared the experience on Facebook, wrote The Rivers State Government and House Of Assembly should as a matter of urgency propose and pass into law the Anti Open Grazing bill to save our Daughters and Sons from the carelessness of these Fulani Cattle rearers on our roads. On my way back from Etche along the Port Harcourt airport road that leads to obiri Ikwerre, I saw two cows lying lifeless on the road and also a damaged toyota camry car on same road and this caused serious traffic. I alighted from the car, got very close to the accident scene,only to discover that a Facebook friend of mine Miss Nengi was the passenge...