Skip to main content

A white man fined for sending banana to a black customer in London

 

White man fined for sending banana to a black customer in London pub

A 20-year-old man has been fined for sending banana to a black customer in a Whetherspoon pub in south-east London.

 

Louie Kincella appeared at Bexley Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, where he was found guilty of a racially aggravated offence under the Public Order Act.

 

Kincella from Mottingham, was fined £600. He was also ordered to pay court costs of £620 and a victim surcharge of £60 following the hearing.

 

The black customer, Mark D'arcy-Smith was drinking with a friend at The Richmal Crompton in Bromley, south-east London, when the fruit was delivered to his table.

 

White man fined for sending banana to a black customer in London pub

Kincella ordered the 30p banana using the pub chain's app - which allows customers to buy food and drink and have it delivered to a table - during a visit in November last year.

 

Speaking to BBC earlier, Mr D'arcy said he was left feeling "upset, shocked and scared" when it arrived and reported what had happened to the Met.

 

Kincella was subsequently arrested on 17 January and admitted to police that he had ordered the fruit.

 

However, he claimed it was done "for a joke" and he had intended it to go to his table.

 

Following the sentencing, Mr D'arcy-Smith said it "felt like a massive weight was lifted from my shoulders".

 

Det Insp Stuart Hart, head of the Safeguarding Team, said the case had "required a painstaking investigation".

 

"Hate crimes are a priority for the Met and we take all allegations very seriously," he said.

 

Wetherspoon's confirmed that Kincella has been been barred from the pub.

 

A spokesman added that the manager had previously met with Mr D'arcy-Smith "to apologise to him and the company does so once again now"

White man fined for sending banana to a black customer in London pub


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Police confirms 5 dead, several injured in fresh attacks on Fulani settlements by suspected Mambilla militias

                                  Atleast 5 people were killed and several others injured in fresh attacks on Fulani settlements by suspected Mambilla militia in Sardauna Local Government Area of Taraba State on Saturday. The spokesman for the Taraba State Police Command, ASP David Misal, who confirmed the incident said the crisis started on Thursday over a land dispute between Fulani and Mambilla in Yerimaru village and later snowballed into neighbouring villages. Misal said that units of mobile policemen and soldiers from the 20 battalion in Serti have been dispatched to the area to maintain law and order, adding that several homes were burnt down and many cows killed and stolen during the attack. A fleeing resident Saadu Mogoggo whose house was attacked at Leme suburb of Gembu, said two of his younger brothers were killed their cattle were rustled by the militia. “As I am...

My horrible encounter with Ochanya’s alleged abuser – Victim’s sister speaks (1)

Mr and Mrs Ogbanje, Ochanya's parents   Sitting on the bed in a room at Ogene-Amejo village and listening to Rose Abah, mother of the deceased rape victim, Ochanya Ogbanje; there was almost no way of telling what her next stunning revelation would be. She earlier narrated the horrible details about her daughter, Ochanya’s  death . Mrs Abah told PREMIUM TIMES that Andrew Ogbuja made several attempts to rape her other 26-year-old daughter, Esther Ameh. According to Mrs Abah, the incident happened in April, 2018, when Miss Ameh went to the Ogbuja’s to care for her 13-year-old sister who had become perennially sick, after going to live with Mrs Ogbuja who was a maternal second cousin to the siblings. “Do you know that he also tried to sleep with my late daughter’s elder sister, Esther? That one is 13 years older than Ochanya,” Ms Abah said. Pointing at Miss Ameh’s picture hung on the wall, Mrs Abah said her other daughter had gone to the Ogbuja’s to care of...

The worst crime a family can do is marrying their scumbag son to an innocent girl in the hope he will miraculously change" Arab influencer writes

    An Arab influencer has raised a discussion about families marrying off their sons who are not responsible enough, to innocent girls.   He pointed out that it has become common and when the man's behaviour doesn't improve after marriage, the woman is blamed.   Abed Alii tweeted: "The worst crime a family can do is marrying their son, who they know is a scum bag, to an innocent girl in the hope he will miraculously change...   "My sympathies are always with the womenfolk. They leave their family and come to an absolutely new one, without any support and then get abused. I’ve heard that so many times. 'maybe she’ll change him. She will make him change his bad habits. She’s a good girl.' It’s not her job to educate your son at the risk of damaging her mental Health!  And vice versa... let’s keep it real."   He added that it goes both ways and he has seen it happen to someone he knows.   Read his tweets below.