Skip to main content

Outrage as 16-year-old girl is 'gang-raped by 30 men' in an Israel hotel as Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu describes the attack as a 'crime against humanity'

                                        16-year-old girl is

A 16-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by 30 men in the coastal resort of Eilat in Israel. 

 

According to the Times of Israel, the girl went to Police last Friday, August 14, to report that she was repeatedly assaulted while she was drunk in a hotel room. 

 

Police say they have arrested two men so far and one of the suspects told investigators that a large group of men had sex with the girl but claimed that it was consensual.

 

Some of the men are alleged to have filmed the attacks on their phones, according to Israeli newspaper Haaretz. 

 

The first suspect was reportedly arrested after Police discovered there was video footage of the alleged rape.  

 

Police say the alleged victim was not a guest at the hotel but had only gone there to drink with some of her friends. But when the girl went to the bathroom, she was allegedly taken to one of the hotel rooms and raped by the group of men, who all didn't know each other.  

 

The report said one suspect claimed that the men 'lined up' outside the room before going inside to assault her.  

 

Israeli television reported that another alleged attackers entered the room under the pretence of being a medic who wanted to help. But he 'took advantage of her and slept with her when she was out of control.' 

 

Authorities are now awaiting the results of a medical examination, with two suspects, both 27, already in Police custody. 

 

Reacting to the rape allegations, prime minister Netanyahu said on Twitter that 'this is shocking, there is no other word'. 

 

'This is not just a crime against the girl, it is a crime against humanity itself that deserves all condemnation and that those responsible for it should be brought to justice,' Netanyahu said. 

 

Netanyahu's coalition partner and defence minister Benny Gantz asked: 'What is a man who is standing on a crowded line with dozens of others, on the way to a room where a young, disoriented girl is lying down, trying to prove?

 

'The police investigation is still underway, but it's important that I convey a message to those who participated or bore witness to this case or others: The only thing you've proven is what depravity of your soul and morality you are capable of.'  

                                                                        Credit-LIB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Again, EFCC Arrests Internet Fraudsters

                                       The Economic and Financial Crime Commission, EFCC, has arrested three suspected internet fraudsters, at No 24, 1st Avenue, Fort Royal Estate, Airport road, Abuja. The suspects are; Marvin Nwankwo, Prince Ojenike and Jude Olatekobowale. They created a Facebook account with the following names: Rodney David; David Rodgers and Carlos David, respectively. Their arrest was based on intelligence report that the suspects turned the said residence as their office, using laptops, phone and other gadgets to defraud innocent people, including foreigners, of their hard earned money and other valuables.                           ...

Suicide bomber kills five, injures six in Borno

Borno state on map used to illustrate the story                       A male suicide bomber on Tuesday killed five members of the Civilian Joint Task Force, while six others were injured in Madarari area in Konduga council of Borno. Ibrahim Abdulkadir, Zonal Information Officer of National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Borno, confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN). He told NAN in Maiduguri that the incident occurred around 1:30 p.m. He said that the bomber detonated his Improvised Explosive Device (IED), at a military check point killing the victims. Bello Danbatta, the spokesperson of the Civilian JTF, said he lost four of his men including the leader of the task force in Konduga. Mr Danbatta described the loss as shocking and said that many of his members had lost their lives fighting Boko Haram. “”We evacuated the injured victims ...

Man Sentenced To 1 Year Imprisonment For Breaching Official Trust

Justice A Wuse Zone 2 Magistrates’ Court, Abuja on Tuesday, sentenced a 33-year-old civil servant, Aminu Maru, to one year imprison  for breach of official trust. The convict, who resides in Janyan house, opposite Gwagwalada Park, Area 1, Abuja,however, pleaded guilty to the one count charge of breach of official trust.and begged for mercy. The Magistrate, Mr Raphael Egbe, in his judgement said the court relied on the provision of section 99 B of the penal code to sentence the convict. Egbe, who told the convict to be of good behaviour so as not to go back to crime, however, gave him an option of N100, 000. The prosecutor, Mr Jamil Hamisu, had told the court that investigations by the State Security Service (SSS) revealed that Maru committed the offence between Nov. 15 and Nov. 21, 2017. Hamisu said that the convict was an accountant attached to the office of the Accountant-General of the Federation (OAGF) but seconded to the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON)....