Skip to main content

Kidnap gang notorious for selling children nabbed by police in Enugu


Kidnap gang notorious for selling children nabbed by police in Enugu
Operatives of the Enugu State police command have arrested a notorious kidnapping ring that specialized in abducting children from schools located in the six local government councils in Enugu east senatorial zone and whisking them to neighbouring states for sale.
According to reports, the ladies identified as Nkeiruka Odo from Imilike Agu village in Udenu council area of Enugu State and Precious Chukwuemeka Chineneye from Aguleri, Anambra State had been terrorizing residents with their nefarious attitude.
The ladies were said to have enticed children with dresses, Biscuits, Chin-Chin, and Candies among others.
Last month the kidnappers had abducted a little boy identified as Ugwu Levi Chiagozie from a Nursery school located in Imilike Ani, Udenu and whisked him away to Anambra State where they had sold him to a nurse.
They met their waterloo on Monday after they were arrested when they attempted to abduct a child at a certain Primary school located at Imilike Ani, Udenu area.
Ebere Amaraizu, Police Public Relations Officer in Enugu State, confirmed the development and stated that the arrest followed intelligence received on the activities of the syndicate.“Following their arrest, suspects had revealed how they carried out abduction of a 4-year old school boy identified as one Ugwu Levi Chiagozie from another Nusery/Primary school also located at Imilike Ani in Udenu Local Government Area of Enugu State last month, which they handed over to a nurse in Anambra State for sale.
Recovered from the suspects are children’s dresses, Biscuits, Chin-Chin, Candies and other items that can be used to entice little children”, he stated. He said the police have commenced full-scale investigations into the incident. He therefore called on members of the public, especially parents and guardians to be vigilant and security conscious on their children and wards to avoid falling into the hands of the mischief-makers.
Amaraizu further advised members of the public to report promptly any suspicious movement around their environment to Enugu State police command through the following distress call numbers 08032003702,08075390883,08086671202 and 08098880172 or through the command social media platforms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Again, EFCC Arrests Internet Fraudsters

                                       The Economic and Financial Crime Commission, EFCC, has arrested three suspected internet fraudsters, at No 24, 1st Avenue, Fort Royal Estate, Airport road, Abuja. The suspects are; Marvin Nwankwo, Prince Ojenike and Jude Olatekobowale. They created a Facebook account with the following names: Rodney David; David Rodgers and Carlos David, respectively. Their arrest was based on intelligence report that the suspects turned the said residence as their office, using laptops, phone and other gadgets to defraud innocent people, including foreigners, of their hard earned money and other valuables.                           ...

Suicide bomber kills five, injures six in Borno

Borno state on map used to illustrate the story                       A male suicide bomber on Tuesday killed five members of the Civilian Joint Task Force, while six others were injured in Madarari area in Konduga council of Borno. Ibrahim Abdulkadir, Zonal Information Officer of National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Borno, confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN). He told NAN in Maiduguri that the incident occurred around 1:30 p.m. He said that the bomber detonated his Improvised Explosive Device (IED), at a military check point killing the victims. Bello Danbatta, the spokesperson of the Civilian JTF, said he lost four of his men including the leader of the task force in Konduga. Mr Danbatta described the loss as shocking and said that many of his members had lost their lives fighting Boko Haram. “”We evacuated the injured victims ...

Man Sentenced To 1 Year Imprisonment For Breaching Official Trust

Justice A Wuse Zone 2 Magistrates’ Court, Abuja on Tuesday, sentenced a 33-year-old civil servant, Aminu Maru, to one year imprison  for breach of official trust. The convict, who resides in Janyan house, opposite Gwagwalada Park, Area 1, Abuja,however, pleaded guilty to the one count charge of breach of official trust.and begged for mercy. The Magistrate, Mr Raphael Egbe, in his judgement said the court relied on the provision of section 99 B of the penal code to sentence the convict. Egbe, who told the convict to be of good behaviour so as not to go back to crime, however, gave him an option of N100, 000. The prosecutor, Mr Jamil Hamisu, had told the court that investigations by the State Security Service (SSS) revealed that Maru committed the offence between Nov. 15 and Nov. 21, 2017. Hamisu said that the convict was an accountant attached to the office of the Accountant-General of the Federation (OAGF) but seconded to the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON)....