Skip to main content

Man33, who used video games to groom a 5-year-old boy he went on to rape up to 100 times is jailed for 21 years

A gamer man who lured a 5-year-old boy using Playstation and Xbox in order to sexually abuse him has been jailed for 21 years.
33-year-old Anwar Ali of Chapel Street was found guilty of five counts of rape of a child aged under 12, four counts of sexual assault by penetration of a child under the age of 12 and two counts of accessing indecent images of children at Manchester Crown Court. He was also ordered to remain on the sex offenders register for life.
Ali abused his victim over the course of four years from 2003 to 2007. He would invite the boy to play computer games with him on his Xbox and PlayStation in his bedroom and then sexually abuse him before raping him.
The victim went to police in June 2017 after experiences with sleepless nights and suffering with OCD which causes him to scrub his skin so hard when washing it would be 'red raw,' according to Mail Online.
When Officers from GMP’s Child Protection Unit seized a computer registered to him, they discovered it had been used to view indecent images of children, leading to his arrest.
                         Gamer, 33, who used video games to  groom a 5-year-old boy he went on to rape up to 100 times is jailed for 21 years
The court also heard that Ali, who is now impotent, was 18 when he met the victim after he moved into his neighbourhood.
David Bentley prosecuting said: 'The defendant's bedroom had a Playstation and Xbox and the complainant would be invited into the bedroom with the defendant to play video games. But during 2003, when the complainant was only five years old, he approached him from behind and kissing him. It then progressed further over the next four years.'
Sentencing Judge Tina Landale told Ali: 'This was a campaign of sexual abuse which took place in your bedroom. You enticed him into your bedroom with the promise of playing video games and I described it as a campaign because that there were more than 100 incidents. He says it was sometime more than once a week.
'You kept your family in the dark with your sexual interest in young boys and you continued to rape and sexually abuse him. The impact of your abuse on him has had long lasting consequences. He says that you have stolen his childhood and he doesn't like it when people touch him.
'As soon as he was an adult, he was unable to sleep because of the abuse he received, and he told the authorities. You expressed grooming behaviour because you enticed him into your bedroom with video games. On occasion his mother was stood on the other side of the door asking him if everything was alright, unaware you were abusing him.
'You now walk with a stick and I am told you have erectile dysfunction - but that doesn't stop you from being sexually titillated from child pornography online. You were still being aroused by looking at children being abused online.
'You are still sexually interested in children and I know this because you were arrested in March 2017 for having indecent images of children.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lagos peaks again as Nigeria records 329 more Coronavirus cases

                                Nigeria recorded 329 more cases of Coronavirus on Friday, with Lagos topping the chat with 113 new infections. With the figures, Nigeria’s total confirmed Coronavirus cases is put at 48,445. Though, the fresh cases recorded by the nation is still on the lower side when compared with the 373 cases raked in on Thursday, the rise in infections in Lagos greatly boosted the new figures. Lagos’ 113 new cases is almost twice the 69 cases it recorded on Thursday. The 329 new cases were recorded in 21 states in the nation. Kaduna came a distant second with 49 cases, with FCT following with 33 cases; Plateau, 24 cases; Kano, 16 cases; Edo, 15 cases; Ogun, 14 cases; Delta, 13 cases and Osun, 10 cases. Others are: Oyo-8, Ekiti-6, Bayelsa-6, Akwa Ibom-5, Borno-4, Enugu-4, Ebonyi-3, Rivers-2, Bauchi-1, Nasarawa-1, Gombe-1 and Niger-1. Nine deaths were recorded on Thursday to take total numb...

SARS officers allegedly chase three suspected internet fraudsters to their death

  Young men in Osogbo, Osun state took to the streets to protest after three suspected internet fraudsters were allegedly chased to their death by SARS officers today September 15 According to eyewitnesses, the young men were riding in their car when the SARS officers attempted to stop them. They refused to stop and the SARS officers engaged them in a hot chase. The driver of the car veered off the road and hit an electric pole. While one of the occupants in the car died on the spot, two others died later. Aggrieved youths in the area dumped one of the corpses in front of Osun Government House, Oke Fia, and destroyed a motorcycle. Also, the protesters, who were mostly youths, also targeted police operatives and attacked many bystanders around Oke Fia, Alekuwodo, and Ilobu road.   The spokesperson of the state police command is yet to comment on the incident.

Ex-wife of revered South African playwright, Mbongeni Ngema accuses 'Sarafina' star Leleti Khumalo of being in an adulterous relationship with ex-husband

Xoliswa Nduneni-Ngema, the ex-wife of revered South African playwright Mbongeni Ngema has accused Sarafina protagonist Leleti Khumalo of being in an adulterous relationship with her former husband while they were married.    Nduneni who recalled how she assaulted Khumalo after discovering that she was involved in an adulterous affair with Ngema in her tell-all book titled Heart of A Strong Woman, noted that she is not proud of what she did.   Recalling what happened at that time, the playwright's ex-wife who is currently the CEO of Joburg City Theatres, said she left Joburg in 1985 and went to KwaZulu-Natal to finish her degree, leaving the Sarafina crew, including Khumalo and her husband to continue with the work of the theatrical drama in preparation for a series of overseas performances.   Leleti Khumalo   She said she was shocked when her mother warned her to be careful of Khumalo when she returned home from Durban for the Easter holidays...