Skip to main content

Senator alleges plot to implicate him in criminal case

Senator Ajayi Boroffice
The senator representing Ondo North, Ajayi Boroffice, has raised alarm over a plot to plant arms, ammunition and other illegal items on his property in Akure.
Mr Boroffice, a senator of the All Progressives Congress (APC), said the plan is being orchestrated by ‘desperate politicians’ and their agents.

In a press statement issued on Friday by his media aide, Kayode Fakuyi, the senator described the plot as an act of desperation while calling on security agencies to note the ‘heinous plot.’
The statement reads, “Senator Ajayi Boroffice is in possession of credible information that some desperate politicians and their agents are plotting to plant arms, ammunition and other illegal items in his property in Akure.
“The plot was hatched in an attempt to robe, frame and implicate the senator in criminal matter. The target is to distract the senator from the responsibilities of lawmaking and representation of the good people of Ondo North senatorial district. The ultimate target is to divert the focus of the senator from his political pursuits. Nevertheless, Senator Boroffice remains unshaken.
“Meanwhile, it is instructive to note that Senator Boroffice has won elections in the past without recourse to violence or unorthodox means. Thus, the senator has no business with arms and ammunitions. As a matter of fact, Senator Boroffice is a peace-loving Nigerian with no criminal record.”
The senator said he would take necessary actions ‘to brief’ President Muhammadu Buhari, an APC leader, Bola Tinubu, and other leaders of the party.
The allegation is coming few days after the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, raised alarm that the Nigeria Police is making attempts to implicate him in a criminal case.
Mr Saraki told his colleagues that the force had transferred six suspects, previously being investigated in Kwara, to Abuja to make implicating statements against him.
The police denied the allegation describing the transfer as a routine exercise in criminal investigation.
In his Friday statement, Mr Boroffice did not mention who the desperate politicians are. He did not also mention which of his properties is under threat.
Ondo APC leaders have not been on good terms since the 2015 elections that saw Rotimi Akeredolu emerge as governor.
Mr Boroffice did not support Mr Akeredolu’s election in 2016.
After the election, the governor and his supporters said they did not consider the senator a member of the APC and that he would have to reapply to the party to become a member.
Mr. Boroffice, however, fired back saying he never left the APC and remains a full member of the party. The matter is yet to be fully resolved.
The national leadership of the party under a reconciliation committee headed by Mr Tinubu is currently making efforts to resolve the issue in Ondo and other states under the ruling APC ruptured by crises.
In February, Mr Akeredolu said that Mr Tinubu would find no work to do in the state since ”there was peace and stability among members of the (state) APC”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man Sentenced To 1 Year Imprisonment For Breaching Official Trust

Justice A Wuse Zone 2 Magistrates’ Court, Abuja on Tuesday, sentenced a 33-year-old civil servant, Aminu Maru, to one year imprison  for breach of official trust. The convict, who resides in Janyan house, opposite Gwagwalada Park, Area 1, Abuja,however, pleaded guilty to the one count charge of breach of official trust.and begged for mercy. The Magistrate, Mr Raphael Egbe, in his judgement said the court relied on the provision of section 99 B of the penal code to sentence the convict. Egbe, who told the convict to be of good behaviour so as not to go back to crime, however, gave him an option of N100, 000. The prosecutor, Mr Jamil Hamisu, had told the court that investigations by the State Security Service (SSS) revealed that Maru committed the offence between Nov. 15 and Nov. 21, 2017. Hamisu said that the convict was an accountant attached to the office of the Accountant-General of the Federation (OAGF) but seconded to the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON)....

Again, EFCC Arrests Internet Fraudsters

                                       The Economic and Financial Crime Commission, EFCC, has arrested three suspected internet fraudsters, at No 24, 1st Avenue, Fort Royal Estate, Airport road, Abuja. The suspects are; Marvin Nwankwo, Prince Ojenike and Jude Olatekobowale. They created a Facebook account with the following names: Rodney David; David Rodgers and Carlos David, respectively. Their arrest was based on intelligence report that the suspects turned the said residence as their office, using laptops, phone and other gadgets to defraud innocent people, including foreigners, of their hard earned money and other valuables.                           ...

Suicide bomber kills five, injures six in Borno

Borno state on map used to illustrate the story                       A male suicide bomber on Tuesday killed five members of the Civilian Joint Task Force, while six others were injured in Madarari area in Konduga council of Borno. Ibrahim Abdulkadir, Zonal Information Officer of National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Borno, confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN). He told NAN in Maiduguri that the incident occurred around 1:30 p.m. He said that the bomber detonated his Improvised Explosive Device (IED), at a military check point killing the victims. Bello Danbatta, the spokesperson of the Civilian JTF, said he lost four of his men including the leader of the task force in Konduga. Mr Danbatta described the loss as shocking and said that many of his members had lost their lives fighting Boko Haram. “”We evacuated the injured victims ...