Skip to main content

Nigerian Government Releases More Names Of Looters

Lai Mohammed, Minister of Information and Culture
Photo: Femi Ipaye/PM News
The Nigerian government on Sunday released more names of people who have allegedly looted the nation’s treasury.
The Federal Government said the list of alleged looters which was released earlier was based on verifiable facts, including the amount involved, the date the amount in question was collected and from where it was taken, Channels tv reports.
Releasing the second list of alleged looters on Sunday, the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed said those complaining that the list was too short did not understand that it was strategically released as a teaser.
He referred to his earlier statement that the list was just ‘a tip of the iceberg’ and slammed the PDP for challenging the Federal Government to name the looters.
”At the press conference where the list was released, I did say it was a tip of the iceberg. Apparently, this does not mean anything to people whose style is to comment on issues they barely understand, or just to shoot down anything coming from the government.
“The Federal Government has a large number of alleged looters on its list. What was the PDP expecting when it challenged the FG to name the looters of the public treasury under the party’s watch? Did the PDP actually believe that the massive looting under its watch was a joke?, he queried.
This second list of alleged looters released by the Federal Government contains 24 names of alleged looters.
Alhaji Mohammed said the Federal Government will neither be intimidated nor blackmailed into silence, adding that it will also not rest until all those who looted the public treasury have been brought to justice.
See the second list of alleged looters released by the Federal Government below…
Former NSA Sambo Dasuki: Based on EFCC investigations and findings (this is beside the ongoing $2.1 billion military equipment scandal), a total of N126 billion, over $1.5 billion and 5.5 million British Pounds was allegedly embezzled through his office.
Former Petroleum Resources Minister, Dieziani Alison-Madukwe: In one of the cases the EFCC is investigating involving her, about N23 billion is alleged to have been embezzled.
Rtd. Lt.-Gen. Kenneth Minimah: N13.9 billion. N4.8 billion recovered by EFCC in cash and property.
Lt.-Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika: N4.5 billion. N29million recovered by the EFCC so far.
Alex Barde, former Chief of Defence Staff: N8 billion, and EFCC recovered almost N4 billion in cash and property already.
Inde Dikko, former CG Customs: N40 billion, and N1.1 billion in cash recovered in cash and choice properties.
Air Marshal Adesola Amosun: N21.4 billion. N2.8 billion recovered in cash. 28 properties and 3 vehicles also recovered.
Senator Bala Abdulkadir, former FCT Minister: N5 billion. Interim forfeiture order on some property secured.
Senator Stella Oduah: N9.8 billion. Interim forfeiture order on some property secured.
Former Niger State Governor Babangida Aliyu: N1.6 billion – from NSA
Senator Jonah Jang, former Plateau State Governor: N12.5 billion.
Bashir Yuguda, former Minister of State for Finance: N1.5 billion. $829,800 recovered.
Senator Peter Nwaboshi: N1.5 billion
Aliyu Usman, Former NSA Dasuki’s aide: N512 million
Ahmad Idris, Former NSA Dasuki’s PA: N1.5 billion
Rasheed Ladoja, Former Oyo Governor: N500 million
Tom Ikimi: N300 million
Femi Fani-Kayode: N866 million
Hassan Tukur, former PPS to President Goodluck: $1.7 million
Nenadi Usman: N1.5 billion
Benedicta Iroha: N1.7 billion
Aliyu Usman Jawaz: Close ally of former NSA Dasuki: N882 million
Jonah Jang, former Plateau State Governor: N12.5 billion
Godknows Igali: Over N7 billion

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kano police arrest man impersonating Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi with a verified Instagram page

                              The Kano state police command have arrested the man impersonating the Emir of Kano on Instagram. The man runs a verified Instagram page with 262, 000 followers with claims that he is the Emir. The monarch last year denied running an Instagram page which a lot of Nigerians were following. The monarch in a statement released by his media aide, Alhaji Munir Sanusi, said he never authorized anyone to open Instagram, Facebook, Twitter ir any other social media accounts.  After many months of manhunt, the impersonator was arrested and is currently cooling his heels in the state police command. He will be arraigned in court for impersonation.

Photos, Three killed in Osun bank robbery attack

Dare devil armed robbers today attacked a new generation commercial bank in Ila-Orangun, Osun state killing three persons, including police security.                                              The suspected armed robbers, numbering about eight, were said to have stormed the bank at about 2pm and operated for one- and- a half hours after blasting the bank’s security door with an explosive substance. A substantial amount of money was carted away from the bank.  Two other victims killed by the armed robbers were said to be hit by stray bullets while a number of people sustained various degrees of injury while trying to flee the scene. Eyewitness said police officers arrived the scene almost immediately and engaged the robbers in a fierce gun battle. 

Welder arrested for allegedly killing his wife's female friend during a confrontation in Ogun state

                            A welder identified as Bidemi Akande has been arrested after he allegedly killed his wife's friend, Shakirat Fatusi, a.k.a Olopa during an argument in the Ogba Ayo area of Ogun state. According to reports, Mr. Akande pushed Shakirat who was the breadwinner of her family and a mother of seven to the floor. She slammed her head on the ground and went into coma. She later died at the trado-medical center in Ogun state. The two reportedly didn't see eye to eye after Shakirat intervened in a quarrel between Bidemi Akande and his wife.  They got into an argument after Mr. Akande made derogatory comments about the victim when she came to his wife's shop to buy stuff.  Narrating what happened to Punch, one of Shakirat's children, Bashirat Fatusi said Akande promised that her mother would regain consciousness after 24 hours, adding that instead, her cond...