Skip to main content

Serial rapist sentenced to 72 years begs judge for death sentence

                     Serial rapist sentenced to 72 years begs judge for death sentence
A serial rapist who on Tuesday begged the court to hang him for his heinous acts, has been sentenced to an effective 72 years in jail, in Zimbabwe. According to Herald, regional magistrate Mrs Dambudzo Malungahad sentenced Charles Magombedze to 78 years in prison, but conditionally suspended six years. .

Magombedze was convicted on eight counts of rape on his own plea of guilty. He shocked the court when he requested the hangman’s noose, saying he was unable to exorcise the evil spirit that led him into committing the crimes if left alive. .

Malunga said Magombedze deserved severe punishment as he behaved like a beast when he raped the victims by using dangerous weapons like iron bars, axes and machetes when he committed the offences.

Magombedze raped a woman before abusing a pupil at Chibaya High School in June last year. In the same month, he raped another woman who was doing laundry along Tugwi River in Chivi. In October the same year, the convict raped another woman who was going to church. He also raped a police constabulary’s wife, then raped a 14- year-old girl, who was herding cattle in January this year. .

He raped another woman after waylaying her at Charumbira Farm. In the same month, Magombedze raped a child he found sleeping in a hut at Jeka Village. He raped another woman after threatening her near Stephen business centre. He also abused a woman in a garden at Rukanda Farm in the same month after hitting her with a brick. Magombedze raped another woman whom he found in a garden along Tugwi River. .

The serial rapist also handcuffed and raped another woman at Shokoni Business Centre in Chivi. He raped another one at Razi Business Centre in the same district while she was coming from hospital. Magombedze also faces attempted murder charges after stabbing a woman five times whom she failed to rape after she managed to flee. .

On his initial appearance in court on Tuesday, Magombedze said he was a member of a Satanic cult whose goal was to spill blood and to have unprotected sex to breed another Satanic generation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 people die, 8 injured during a birthday party clash in Bauchi State

                        The Bauchi State police command have confirmed that three persons were killed and eight others injured in a clash that erupted at a birthday party on Sunday night in Lushi Ward in Bauchi. The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Kamal Abubakar, confirmed the incident saying that 75 suspects had been arrested in connection with the clash. He said that two houses were burnt during the incident and that the situation has been brought under control. He also said that investigation was going on to get to the root of the crisis. According to Abubakar, the crisis started following a misunderstanding among some youths at a birthday party in Kusu area of Sakani which later spread to other parts of Yelwa Ward. An eye witness said that the incident might have started when two young men fought over a young lady a...

Man pens glowing tribute to 19-year-old UNIJOS student 4 years after she was shot dead while trying to save her father from assassins

                                 Today marks the four year death anniversary of Hammamatu Babangida Suleiman, a 19-year-old student, who was killed by suspected assassins in Plateau State, while trying to save her father.   Sen. Auwal Marshall penned this glowing tribute to late Hammamatu, fondly called Ummy. Read below:     A DAY OF MOURNING 4year Without Ummi   Hammamatu Babangida Suleiman (a.k.a Ummy) was a classical girl you would describe as a life cut short. She was a 19yrs old Remedial student with the University of Jos. A very intelligent, determined, purposeful and ambiguous younger girl who has alots of dreams and hopes for a better tomorrow. She is aspiring to study Medicine, with the hope of becoming a Medical Doctor some day.   All these wonderful vision was cu...

Police foil robbery attack in Niger

Nigeria Police   Police in Niger said they had gunned down two suspected armed robbers in the Madalla area of Suleja Local Government Area of the state. The Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Adamu Usman, disclosed this in Minna on Friday. Usman said on Sept. 17 at about 0220 hours, police operatives attached to ‘C’ division Madalla, in a response to a distress call, engaged some suspected armed robbers in a gun duel at New Gwarinpa via Zuma Rock, Suleja. He said that in the process, two of the gunmen sustained gunshot injuries and one of them died on the spot, while the second later died at Lucas Clinic, Madalla where he was initially taken for treatment. Items recovered from the suspects include two laptop computers and two Plasma Television sets. ”We have also arrested one Haruna Mohammed of Gauraka at Zuba with gunshot wounds and taken for medical treatment. During interrogation, the suspect confessed to being a member of the syndicate that attempted to operate at New Gwar...