Skip to main content

Raped Chrisland school student testifies in court about the "bad things" done to her

                        Raped Chrisland school student testifies in court about the "bad things" done to her
The Chrisland school student allegedly raped at the age of 2 years and 11 months by the school's supervisor testified in court on Thursday and confirmed that she was sexually abused.

The child, who is being identified as Child X, was quite eloquent as she recounted the abuse allegedly perpetrated by 47-year-old Mr Adegboyega Adenekan. She said he put his mouth in her "wee wee", put his hand in her "wee wee" and put his "wee wee" in her "wee wee". 

She said the first time was in the school toilet and the second time was in the hall. She said she ran the second time and tried to report to her teacher but the teacher did not believe her so she told her mother.
She said: "I did not like what he did, he put his hand in my wee-wee, he put his wee-wee in my wee-wee and he put his mouth in my wee-wee."

Read the full report by NAN below:
Child X, the pupil allegedly defiled by Adegboyega Adenekan, a 47-year-old Chrisland School supervisor, on Thursday testified at an Ikeja Sexual Offences and Domestic Violence court in Lagos and confirmed that she was abused.
Child X, who is now four-years-old, was two years and 11-months at the time the alleged defilement occurred serially in 2016 at the Victoria Garden City (VGC) branch of the school.
The trial which was slated to begin at 2pm, due to other matters, did not start until 3.26pm. It ended at 5.53pm.
Before Child X’s testimony, Justice Sybil Nwaka, had ordered that members of the public vacate the public gallery of the courtroom. However, she allowed journalists and lawyers to witness the testimony.
When Child X was brought into the courtroom, the judge rose from her bench to sit by a desk opposite Child X.
Justice Nwaka engaging Child X in small talk said: “I love your shoes, we are all your uncle and aunties here. Do you like the building? Do you know why you are here?”
Child X said: “I’m here to talk about the bad things Mr. Adenekan did to me.”
Justice Nwaka responding said: “You know you are here to tell the truth, Jesus loves children and what do your Sunday School teachers tell you?”
Child X: “Always tell the truth.”
Before Child X took oath as a witness, Justice Nwaka repeated to her not to be afraid to tell the truth and that the people in the courtroom are all her friends.
The judge warned journalists against taking photographs, making recordings or revealing the identity of Child X.
The prosecution led by Jide Boye, the Chief State Counsel led the child in evidence by asking a series of questions and getting the following responses from her.
Prosecution: “How old are you?”
Child X: “Four”
Prosecution: “How many schools have you attended?”
Child X: “Two”
Prosecution:” What are the names of the schools?”
Child X: “Chrisland, Grange School”
Prosecution pointing across the room to Adenekan: “Do you know him?”
Child X: “No”
Prosecution: “Who is Mr. Adenekan?”
Child X: “When I go to class after recess, I see Mr. Adenekan after recess”
Prosecution: “What did Mr. Adenekan do to you?”
Child X: “He put his mouth in my wee-wee, the first time he did that, he took me out of the class. The second time, I ran. I tried to report to my teacher but my teacher did not believe me, so I reported to my mummy.
“First time he did it was inside his office which was the toilet, the second time he did it was in the hall which was outside.
“I did not like what he did, he put his hand in my wee-wee, he put his wee-wee in my wee-wee and he put his mouth in my wee-wee.”
The prosecution at this point proceeded to show Child X three photographs, one of which was Adenekan’s.
Child X identified Adenekan’s photograph.
Child X said: “This is Mr. Adenekan, I remember how he used to greet me but I don’t know where he is.”
Prosecution: “How did you feel when he was doing it to you?”
Child X: “I felt I should tell my mummy, I felt pain.”
Prosecution: “When he did it, what were you wearing?”
Child X: “My Chrisland School uniform.”
Prosecution: “Can you describe how he did it to you?”
Child X: “He put his hand under my uniform, he put his hand in my wee-wee, pull my uniform down and it was really, really paining me.
“When it was really, really paining me, I screamed and he covered my mouth like this (demonstrated with hand over her mouth).
“I couldn’t do anything because he covered my mouth. When I was trying to remove it (his hand) he tightened my mouth.”
Prosecution: “Describe his office”
Child X: “I cannot remember.”
The defence counsel, Olatunde Adejuyigbe (SAN) opposed the tendering as evidence, the three photographs shown to Child X during proceedings.
According to him, the prosecution did not comply with Section 86 of the Evidence Act.
In his submission Boye told the court that in accordance with Section 84 of the Evidence Act, photographs are no longer secondary evidence but primary evidence and as a result, the photographs should be admitted as evidence.
In a short ruling Justice Nwaka said: “I cannot agree more with the prosecution. These photographs do not have a certificate. I mark them tendered but rejected.”
While cross-examining Child X, Mr. Adejuyigbe asked her the following questions.
Defence: “Do you like to draw?”
Child X: “I don’t know how to draw yet but I like to draw”
Defence: “You said something really, really pained you, when you got home did you tell your mummy about it?”
Child X: “Yes”
Child X responding to Mr. Adejuyigbe’s questions, recalled some of her pre-school teachers at Chrisland School.
Defence: “Did anyone tell you before that he will kill you?”
Child X: “I don’t know what that means”
Defence: “Did you see Mr. Adenekan today?”
Child X: “I only saw him in the picture.”
Defence: “Do you know there are three tables in Mr. Adenekan’s office?”
Child X: “No”
Defence: “His office is not near your class, do you remember?”
Child X: “No”
Defence: “Have you entered Mr. Adenekan’s office before?”
Child X: “Only when he did the bad things to me”
Defence: “Did he take anyone else with you?”
Child X: “No”
Defence: “Did you take your mummy to any corner?”
Child X: “No when I told her what happened to me, she changed my school.”
Defence: “Does your aunty (name withheld) bath for you?”
Child X: “Sometimes her but every time my mummy.”
Defence: “Have you seen the police before?”
Child X: “I have seen them guarding the door at the gate before I enter my school gate.”
Defence: “Is there a doctor’s office at your school?”
Child X: “Yes”
Defence: “Do you go to the toilet alone in school?”
Child X: “When I want to go by myself they (teachers) still follow me”
Defence: “Did anyone tell you what to say when you get here?”
Child X: “No”
Earlier during the cross-examination of Child X’s mother, the video in which Child X was portraying her alleged defilement at a clinical psychologist’s office was replayed in court by the defence.
The mother (name withheld) admitted to the defence that some parts of the sessions of Child X’s interview with the clinical psychologist were not recorded.
“At the time she started drawing the private part, I can confirm to you that I was in the corner of the room and I only asked my child questions regarding the defendant’s name,” she said.
The mother also told the court that she reported to the police that the defendant took her child to a corner in the school where he allegedly defiled her.
“I mentioned the corner to the police and it is in my statement. Like I said before, I initially wanted to cover it up.
“I mentioned it to the school authorities but I later told them to forget it that it never happened.
“I was afraid of people like you (pointing at the SAN), it is a shameful act,” she tearfully said.
Justice Sybil Nwaka adjourned the case until May 21 for continuation of trial at 11am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Air Force on fact finding mission over alleged killing of innocents in Zamfara

Nigerian Air Force Alpha jet A team of Nigerian Air Force officers, led by AVM Idi Lubo, on Friday arrived Zamfara to investigate allegations that innocent citizens were recently bombarded through air strikes by NAF personnel in the state. Addressing journalists on arrival at the 307 Quick Response Group headquarters in Gusau, the team leader, Lubo said “the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar is highly disturbed over the allegations. “As concerned Nigerians and part of those charged with the responsibility of ensuring the peace and safety of Nigerians, we are here to verify the claims made by the traditional rulers of Zamfara. “We will meet with all stakeholders in the matter, especially the state government, security chiefs and even the affected community members before filing our report.” The team had on arrival in the evening, separately met with the state Director, Department of State Security and the Secretary to the State Government behind closed door, ...

Malaysian anti-graft agency to question former PM Najib

Former Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak listens to US President Barack Obama speak during the 10-nation Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) summit in Rancho Mirage, California on February 15, 2016. Photo: Reuters Malaysia’s former Prime Minister, Najib Razak, will give a statement at a corruption investigation looking into a transfer of millions of dollars from state fund 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB), three anti-graft agency sources said. Police have been searching Najib’s home and other places linked to him as part of investigation into scandal-plagued 1MDB, an extraordinary turn of events that few would have predicted before his shock defeat in a May 9 general election. The summons by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) comes as part of a widening investigation into Najib. The commission had found evidence that about 10.6 million dollars was transferred from 1MDB’s former subsidiary, SRC I...

A pastor Adetokunbo Adenopo arrested for kidnapping

                        A 52 year-old pastor in Sagamu, Ogun state, Adetokunbo Adenopo, has been arrested by detectives attached to the Intelligence Response Team (IRT) for kidnapping. The pastor who the police said is the founder and general overseer of New Life Ministry, in Lukosi, Sagamu in Ogun state was arrested along with three other members of his gang. The police identified the three suspects as Chigozie Williams 22years, native of Umuahia North, Abia State, Ugoji Linus 30years, native of Ezinifite in Imo State and Emmanuel Chris Ani, 27years, native of Aniri in Enugu State. They were all arrested in connection with the kidnap of a 35 year-old Jonathan Ekpo, staff of a delivery company. Ekpo, from Benue state was kidnapped on 17 July when he came to Sagamu to deliver goods. According to the police, after the kidnap, Ekpo was kept by his abductors in an underground cabin inside the Pastor’s church building in Ogijo town ...