Skip to main content

Five men arrested for 'smuggling N25billion worth of cocaine on a private jet from Colombia to UK (Photos)


A gang of five 'drug dealers ' were last Monday arrested for 'smuggling ?25Billion (£50m) worth of cocaine on a private jet flown from Colombia To UK.
The five men, two Brits, two Spaniards and an Italian were held after half a tonne of the class-A drug were allegedly found in their luggage.
Five men arrested for
The five suspects were named as brothers Martin James Neil, 48, and Stephen John Neil, 53, from Poole in Dorset, Italian Alessandro Iembo, 28, from Bournemouth; and Spaniards Victor Franco-Lorenzo, 40, and Jose Ramon Miguelez-Botas, 55.
Five men arrested for
According to Mail Online, three of the suspects Brit bricklayer Martin Neil, Italian chef Alessandro Iembo and Spaniard Victor Franco Lorenzo, are said to have travelled to Bogota for two days in December before returning with the other two men late last month to allegedly pick up the cocaine at a five-star Marriott hotel.
Five men arrested for
Colombian confirmed that a fake police officer helped ensure the drugs left the country.
Five men arrested for
The UK's National Crime Agency described the cocaine seizure as a 'major blow to organised crime' which they say was one of the largest flown into Britain by plane in recent years.
They were remanded in custody till March 1 after appearing at Uxbridge Magistrates Court last Wednesday charged with importing cocaine.
Five men arrested for

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Killings: Group demands resignation of Police IG

                              A human rights group, National Intervention Group of Nigeria, has called for the resignation of the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, for alleged loss of morality to continue in office given his inability to tackle killings across the country. The convener of the group, Segun Akinloye, made this call on Tuesday at a press conference in Abuja on the state of the nation. Mr Akinloye said “the lives of Nigerians, even in Nigeria appears nowadays to be cheaper and more worthless than ever before witnessed or recorded in history.” He frowned at the powerlessness of the police to abate the killings, warning that Nigeria may be heading to division and eventual collapse if urgent steps are not taken. He made reference to the killings in Southern Kaduna, Benue, Taraba, Kogi, Plateau and Kaduna St...

Chrisland turned me to an enemy - mother of child sexually abused by school's former supervisor speaks

                                         The mother of a toddler who was sexually abused by a supervisor/pastor in Chrisland School, Victoria Garden City (VGC), has spoken out after an Appeal Court upheld the supervisor's 60 years jail sentence.   Narrating how she discovered in 2016 that her daughter, who was 2 years and 11 months old at the time, had been sexually abused multiple times by Adegboyega Adenekan, a former supervisor at the school, the child's mum said:   I had read Pastor Nomthi Odukoya’s book, ‘No! Don’t Touch Me There’, so like I just sometimes did, I told my daughter ‘don’t let anyone touch your wee wee’. Her response after that changed our lives as a family, forever. The next thing she said was ‘he put his wee wee in my wee wee.’ Well, I asked her, who put his wee wee in your wee wee? and she said Mr Adenekan (pictures). My heart shattered into a million ...

Jajere district head in Yobe abducted by heavily armed men

                      The Police Command in Yobe has confirmed the abduction of Alhaji Isa Mai-Buba, the District Head of Jajere in Fune Local Government Area of the state. The Command’s Spokesman, ASP Dungus Abdulkarim, stated this in a statement released in Damaturu on Sunday. He said Mai-Buba was abducted at his residence in Jajere on Saturday, Aug 15. “At about 22:05 hours on Saturday, gunmen attacked the house of the district head with heavy fire arms and disappeared with him into the thin air. “Search parties were later on deployed, but up until now, no positive response of his whereabouts,” Abdulkarim said. The spokesman said efforts to rescue the district head were ongoing, assuring that perpetrators of the dastardly act would be arrested and prosecuted.                                                Credit...