Skip to main content

Kidnap victim recounts ordeal, thanks DSS, army.

Image result for kidnap
Mrs Adeola Dawodu, a 46-year-old woman, has expressed gratitude to the Department of State Services and the Nigerian Army for rescuing her from kidnappers.
Dawodu, a mother of four and wife to a Shell worker, was kidnapped on Jan. 20 and held captive for six days before her rescue on Thursday.
The victim told the News Agency of Nigeria in Port Harcourt on Friday that she was kidnapped alongside her 20-year-old and three-year-old daughters in front of her estate.
She said that as they waited for her security to open the gate on their return from a vigil service, a man in army camouflage appeared and pointed a gun at her.
“I left my church, Foursquare Gospel Church, Rumuobiakani, around 5 a.m. on January 20 after a vigil service. I drove through Okporo Road and headed to my residence at RD road.
“When I arrived RD road, I felt uneasy because the area was in complete darkness. I got to the entrance of my estate and beeped my car horn for security to open the main gate.
“After five minutes of waiting; the gate was opened, and as I attempted to drive in, a man in army camouflage came and pointed a gun at me.
“He asked me to roll down my window and I refused. As I tried to drive through; the man broke the side glass and hit me so hard with the butt of the gun that I started bleeding profusely.”
However, she said her girls were set free unconditionally after an argument among the kidnappers whether or not to take them.
She said that after dropping off her daughters, she was then blindfolded and taken away in a drive that lasted for about two hours before they arrived at an uncompleted building in an isolated area.
The victim said that her hands and legs were bound and that she was then handed over to two men at the kidnappers’ den.
She said that her abductors had threatened to kill her if N50 million ransom was not paid to them.
“They told me that they had killed several of their victims who refused to cooperate and others that ransom was not paid.”
She said that on the day of her rescue, she heard loud noise which she initially thought were from 
construction sites in the area.
“But the sound became louder, and only then did I realise that it was gunshots. I was terrified and confused at the same time.
“I thought that maybe my abductors were having a clash among themselves and I started praying fervently.
“Moments later, some men peeped through the window where I was kept and requested for my identity. It was only then I realised that they were security operatives.”
Dawodu said that the DSS officials later took her away for de-briefing.
“I am so grateful to God, the DSS and the Army for coming to my rescue. It still looks like a film show to me.”
While expressing joy at re-uniting with her family and friends, Dawodu advised worshippers going home from vigils to be cautious and to wait until dawn.
She also urged the government to monitor uncompleted buildings, to stem the kidnap rate in the country.
Meanwhile, a top DSS official who pleaded anonymity, confirmed to NAN that two suspects had been detained in connection with the abduction.
(NAN)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Again, EFCC Arrests Internet Fraudsters

                                       The Economic and Financial Crime Commission, EFCC, has arrested three suspected internet fraudsters, at No 24, 1st Avenue, Fort Royal Estate, Airport road, Abuja. The suspects are; Marvin Nwankwo, Prince Ojenike and Jude Olatekobowale. They created a Facebook account with the following names: Rodney David; David Rodgers and Carlos David, respectively. Their arrest was based on intelligence report that the suspects turned the said residence as their office, using laptops, phone and other gadgets to defraud innocent people, including foreigners, of their hard earned money and other valuables.                           ...

Pupil poses in front of his "Shopping Complex" in Kano

  In photos posted on Facebook, a primary school pupil identified as Ismail Yusuf is seen posing in front of his "shopping Complex" in Rano Town, Kano State.   It was gathered that the little boy opened the small shop with money and goods contributed by well meaning Nigerians after he was spotted selling seasonings in a carton.     The young boy had expressed interest in starting a business in order to help his family.   See  more photos below...     

Man Sentenced To 1 Year Imprisonment For Breaching Official Trust

Justice A Wuse Zone 2 Magistrates’ Court, Abuja on Tuesday, sentenced a 33-year-old civil servant, Aminu Maru, to one year imprison  for breach of official trust. The convict, who resides in Janyan house, opposite Gwagwalada Park, Area 1, Abuja,however, pleaded guilty to the one count charge of breach of official trust.and begged for mercy. The Magistrate, Mr Raphael Egbe, in his judgement said the court relied on the provision of section 99 B of the penal code to sentence the convict. Egbe, who told the convict to be of good behaviour so as not to go back to crime, however, gave him an option of N100, 000. The prosecutor, Mr Jamil Hamisu, had told the court that investigations by the State Security Service (SSS) revealed that Maru committed the offence between Nov. 15 and Nov. 21, 2017. Hamisu said that the convict was an accountant attached to the office of the Accountant-General of the Federation (OAGF) but seconded to the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON)....