Skip to main content

Zaki-Biam killing: Special Security JOINT TASK FORCE RECOVERS WEAPONS IN BENUE STATE (PHOTOS )

An operation conducted by a Special Security Joint Task Force on Tuesday,April 4th, recovered arms and ammunition in Benue State.
The weapons including over 3,000 rounds of live ammunition, 26 assorted fire arms, anti aircraft guns, grenades and rocket launchers were recovered in a bunker near Gbishe in Katsina/Ala local government area of Benue state allegedly belonging to the wanted criminal, Terwase Akwaza, popularly known as Ghana.



The Joint Security Task Force headed by Commissioner of Police from the Force Headquarters in Abuja, Bello Ahmed was instituted by the Federal Government over the recent killings in Yam Market in Rx weapons at the Benue state government House in Makurdi, the Special Adviser on Security to Governor Samuel Ortom, Retired Colonel Edwin Jando said the weapons were found following a tip off in the course of the operation to fish out the masterminds of the several killings and violent crimes in parts of the state.

"The bunker where this weapons were discovered is one of the several bunkers in the crisis torn Sankera axis of the state belonging to ‘Gana’ and his boys, we are making efforts to locate all of them in this operation."

The Adviser explained that several arrests had been made stressing that security operatives were on the trail of the wanted militant leader and his gang members assuring that the operation was ongoing with the aim of restoring peace in the area.

He acknowledged the role played by the Police Commissioner, Bashir Makama, his Mobile Police counterpart Ahmed Bello who was deployed to Benue in the wake of increased crisis in the Sankera area and the Commandant of the 72 Special Force Battalion, Colonel Muhammad Inuwa in ensuring the success of the operation. In his remarks, Governor, Samuel Ortom commended security agents for discovering the bunker and urged them to intensify efforts towards recovering more weapons and arresting the kingpin. He regretted that the wanted militant leader had used the amnesty programme of his administration as a cover up to perpetrate crime assuring that with the current support of the federal government he would be arrested soon.

In his remark, the Commandant of the 72 Specail Force Battalion, Colonel Muhammad Inuwa said all the recovered weapons would be handed over to the Police for further investigations. The Police Commissioner on his part said it was too early to release the names of throes arrested assuring that in the course of the operation the names of those arrested would be made public.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man Sentenced To 1 Year Imprisonment For Breaching Official Trust

Justice A Wuse Zone 2 Magistrates’ Court, Abuja on Tuesday, sentenced a 33-year-old civil servant, Aminu Maru, to one year imprison  for breach of official trust. The convict, who resides in Janyan house, opposite Gwagwalada Park, Area 1, Abuja,however, pleaded guilty to the one count charge of breach of official trust.and begged for mercy. The Magistrate, Mr Raphael Egbe, in his judgement said the court relied on the provision of section 99 B of the penal code to sentence the convict. Egbe, who told the convict to be of good behaviour so as not to go back to crime, however, gave him an option of N100, 000. The prosecutor, Mr Jamil Hamisu, had told the court that investigations by the State Security Service (SSS) revealed that Maru committed the offence between Nov. 15 and Nov. 21, 2017. Hamisu said that the convict was an accountant attached to the office of the Accountant-General of the Federation (OAGF) but seconded to the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON)....

Again, EFCC Arrests Internet Fraudsters

                                       The Economic and Financial Crime Commission, EFCC, has arrested three suspected internet fraudsters, at No 24, 1st Avenue, Fort Royal Estate, Airport road, Abuja. The suspects are; Marvin Nwankwo, Prince Ojenike and Jude Olatekobowale. They created a Facebook account with the following names: Rodney David; David Rodgers and Carlos David, respectively. Their arrest was based on intelligence report that the suspects turned the said residence as their office, using laptops, phone and other gadgets to defraud innocent people, including foreigners, of their hard earned money and other valuables.                           ...

Suicide bomber kills five, injures six in Borno

Borno state on map used to illustrate the story                       A male suicide bomber on Tuesday killed five members of the Civilian Joint Task Force, while six others were injured in Madarari area in Konduga council of Borno. Ibrahim Abdulkadir, Zonal Information Officer of National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Borno, confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN). He told NAN in Maiduguri that the incident occurred around 1:30 p.m. He said that the bomber detonated his Improvised Explosive Device (IED), at a military check point killing the victims. Bello Danbatta, the spokesperson of the Civilian JTF, said he lost four of his men including the leader of the task force in Konduga. Mr Danbatta described the loss as shocking and said that many of his members had lost their lives fighting Boko Haram. “”We evacuated the injured victims ...