Skip to main content

WHY WE ARE YET TO CAPTURE SHEKAU – DHQ

The Nigerian Military on Friday gave reasons why the elusive Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, has not been captured despite a huge manhunt and the capture of Camp Zero in Sambisa forest.
The Director of Defence Information, Major Gen. John Eneche,  who spoke at a press forum in Abuja, admitted that there was a mix-up on the information about the capture or death of the Boko Haram leader because of the various faces used by Shekau.
The Defence spokesman also said although the” real Shekau” has not been captured, the military is on the hunt for him and would soon capture him.

Eneche: “There were so many Shekau faces, that was what was responsible for that but we will get the real thing, we have now come to know that the real Shekau is yet to be apprehended, so that is the truth, when Osama Bin Ladin was killed, they went further to do a DNA test, that was what happened. The truth is because of so many faces of Shekau that came up, that was what brought up the mix up. But it is truth the real Shekau is yet to be apprehended and we will get him.”
Eneche also gave an account of military operations in Nigeria, saying the Nigerian military has done well.
“The Armed Forces of Nigeria has been able to decimate and degrade the Boko Haram terrorists from their activities to splinter acts of terrorism here and there mostly within Borno State.  Currently, clearance operation is ongoing jointly by the Armed Forces to eliminate both active and passive acts of terrorism in the North East.  It is worthy of note that some countries such as Britain, United States and France among others provided one form of assistance to the military in our effort so far in the North East,” he said.
Eneche also said Operation SHARAN DAJI in the Northwest has been able to curtail the activities of cattle rustlers with many of them embracing the amnesty offered by Zamfara State government.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Police confirms 5 dead, several injured in fresh attacks on Fulani settlements by suspected Mambilla militias

                                  Atleast 5 people were killed and several others injured in fresh attacks on Fulani settlements by suspected Mambilla militia in Sardauna Local Government Area of Taraba State on Saturday. The spokesman for the Taraba State Police Command, ASP David Misal, who confirmed the incident said the crisis started on Thursday over a land dispute between Fulani and Mambilla in Yerimaru village and later snowballed into neighbouring villages. Misal said that units of mobile policemen and soldiers from the 20 battalion in Serti have been dispatched to the area to maintain law and order, adding that several homes were burnt down and many cows killed and stolen during the attack. A fleeing resident Saadu Mogoggo whose house was attacked at Leme suburb of Gembu, said two of his younger brothers were killed their cattle were rustled by the militia. “As I am...

My horrible encounter with Ochanya’s alleged abuser – Victim’s sister speaks (1)

Mr and Mrs Ogbanje, Ochanya's parents   Sitting on the bed in a room at Ogene-Amejo village and listening to Rose Abah, mother of the deceased rape victim, Ochanya Ogbanje; there was almost no way of telling what her next stunning revelation would be. She earlier narrated the horrible details about her daughter, Ochanya’s  death . Mrs Abah told PREMIUM TIMES that Andrew Ogbuja made several attempts to rape her other 26-year-old daughter, Esther Ameh. According to Mrs Abah, the incident happened in April, 2018, when Miss Ameh went to the Ogbuja’s to care for her 13-year-old sister who had become perennially sick, after going to live with Mrs Ogbuja who was a maternal second cousin to the siblings. “Do you know that he also tried to sleep with my late daughter’s elder sister, Esther? That one is 13 years older than Ochanya,” Ms Abah said. Pointing at Miss Ameh’s picture hung on the wall, Mrs Abah said her other daughter had gone to the Ogbuja’s to care of...

The worst crime a family can do is marrying their scumbag son to an innocent girl in the hope he will miraculously change" Arab influencer writes

    An Arab influencer has raised a discussion about families marrying off their sons who are not responsible enough, to innocent girls.   He pointed out that it has become common and when the man's behaviour doesn't improve after marriage, the woman is blamed.   Abed Alii tweeted: "The worst crime a family can do is marrying their son, who they know is a scum bag, to an innocent girl in the hope he will miraculously change...   "My sympathies are always with the womenfolk. They leave their family and come to an absolutely new one, without any support and then get abused. I’ve heard that so many times. 'maybe she’ll change him. She will make him change his bad habits. She’s a good girl.' It’s not her job to educate your son at the risk of damaging her mental Health!  And vice versa... let’s keep it real."   He added that it goes both ways and he has seen it happen to someone he knows.   Read his tweets below.