Skip to main content

SECURITY LAPSES AT LAGOS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

A man's account of the porous security at
Nigerian airports should be a cause for concern.

Aminu Muhammad  has expressed deep concern and fear about
the porous security at Nigerian Airports which makes it easy for
attacks given the upsurge in terrorism around the world. His
concern stems from the fact that those in charge of security
sometimes don't conduct thorough checks. Read his post below
"As we mourn Brussels, I hope anyone will read this and do
something our own Airports security. I drove into an Airport
about 20 minutes ago. We were four men in the car and I
am obviously the smallest in size.
I have six bags containing 12 laptops in my boot with
another bigger bag containing cables and chargers. When
we got to the security check point, all the guy asked was,
"Do you have anything in the boot. I said No. I actually forgot
I had those bags in the boot. He simply said, "Sauka lafiya
Rankadade". That was all and we are inside the Airport. I
reported to one of the Airport Security guys and he told me,
it must because they know me. He said "you may not know
him but most of them know you". Then I asked him how
many terrorists he know. He didn't answer me and I told him
the fact that you know me doesn't mean I am not a terrorist
who will take advantage of being known here to wreck
havoc. He obviously wasn't on the same page with me but,
he is a a senior Airport Security Chief collecting salaries and
allowances. I didn't tell the Airport Manager who I am here
to see because that one is hot head. That will mean total
bad news for the guy but on my way out, I plan to stop and
talk to the guy. May God Almighty protect us all.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meek Mill denied new trial by controversial Judge Genece Brinkley

                                    Rapper, Meek Mill has been denied a new trial in a ruling by controversial Judge Genece Brinkley . According to court documents viewed by Pitchfork, the widely criticized Judge Genece Brinkley announced Monday that the court would be denying his petition for PCRA relief as Meek allegedly "failed to meet his burden of proof" when presenting evidence that one of his arresting officers had credibility issues. This comes after it was discovered that the police officer who testified at his original criminal trial years ago had his name placed on a list of corrupt Philadelphia cops. Following the new evidence on ground, the Philadelphia District Attorney, Larry Krasner, recommended that Meek be granted a new trial. After Meek appeared in court to demand a new...

Bandits struck in Zamfara abduct treasurer’s three children, kill neigbour

  Gunmen suspected to be bandits abducted three children of Zamfara State Sub-treasurer, Alhaji Yusuf Marafa, and shot dead his neighbour in Nahuche ward, Bungudu Local Government Area of the State.   Sources who spoke to Vanguard on Thursday, September 10, identified the kidnapped children as Mansur Yusuf, Sa ’adu Yusuf and Anas Yusuf and the neighbour, Malam Kamalu Nahuche. According to one indigene of the area who identified himself as Alhaji Dahiru, the kidnappers, who were on many motorcycles, drove into the community and went straight to the sub – treasurer’s house, where they whisked away the three children. Alhaji Kamalu, was reportedly shot dead as he came out of his house.   Dahiru narrated that the bandits had also entered into the house of one Ibrahim Maishago, who is a businessman, in an attempt to kidnap his children. “They discovered some large sum of money in the house, which they took away with them along with the children." Spokespers...

Man arrested for snatching an Iphone 11

                                                      Officers on patrol along Iyana Ipaja have arrested a man, Ismaila Yusuf, who was accused of stealing a phone (iPhone 11) from a passenger in a tricycle 2 weeks ago. The victim recognised the suspect on the road this afternoon before screaming and drawing the attention of the officers who gave him a hot chase and apprehended him.                                                    He offered them bribe for them to let him go but they declined and took him down to Ipaja Police Station for further investigation.