Skip to main content

COOKING SAFETY

Cooking brings family and friends together, provides
an outlet for creativity and can be relaxing. But did
you know that cooking fires are the number one
cause of home fires and home injuries? By following
a few safety tips you can safeguard your household.


1.If you have a small (grease) cooking fire and decide to fight the fire... door closed. 
2.On the stovetop, smother the flames by sliding a lid  over the pan and turning off the burner. Leave the pan covered until it is completely cooled. 
3.For an oven fire, turn off the heat and 
Grab your Fire extinguisher especially the Co2 and kill the fire
4.If you have any doubt about fighting a small fire… 
5..Just get out! When you leave, close the door behind you to help contain the fire. 
6.Call 767, 112 for Lagos resident only or the local emergency number from outside the house 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Police confirms 5 dead, several injured in fresh attacks on Fulani settlements by suspected Mambilla militias

                                  Atleast 5 people were killed and several others injured in fresh attacks on Fulani settlements by suspected Mambilla militia in Sardauna Local Government Area of Taraba State on Saturday. The spokesman for the Taraba State Police Command, ASP David Misal, who confirmed the incident said the crisis started on Thursday over a land dispute between Fulani and Mambilla in Yerimaru village and later snowballed into neighbouring villages. Misal said that units of mobile policemen and soldiers from the 20 battalion in Serti have been dispatched to the area to maintain law and order, adding that several homes were burnt down and many cows killed and stolen during the attack. A fleeing resident Saadu Mogoggo whose house was attacked at Leme suburb of Gembu, said two of his younger brothers were killed their cattle were rustled by the militia. “As I am...

My horrible encounter with Ochanya’s alleged abuser – Victim’s sister speaks (1)

Mr and Mrs Ogbanje, Ochanya's parents   Sitting on the bed in a room at Ogene-Amejo village and listening to Rose Abah, mother of the deceased rape victim, Ochanya Ogbanje; there was almost no way of telling what her next stunning revelation would be. She earlier narrated the horrible details about her daughter, Ochanya’s  death . Mrs Abah told PREMIUM TIMES that Andrew Ogbuja made several attempts to rape her other 26-year-old daughter, Esther Ameh. According to Mrs Abah, the incident happened in April, 2018, when Miss Ameh went to the Ogbuja’s to care for her 13-year-old sister who had become perennially sick, after going to live with Mrs Ogbuja who was a maternal second cousin to the siblings. “Do you know that he also tried to sleep with my late daughter’s elder sister, Esther? That one is 13 years older than Ochanya,” Ms Abah said. Pointing at Miss Ameh’s picture hung on the wall, Mrs Abah said her other daughter had gone to the Ogbuja’s to care of...

Scotland yard commander in charge of drug strategy is suspended over alleged drug misuse

                                           A Scotland Yard commander who led the force’s drug strategy and heads misconduct hearings has been suspended over allegations of drug misuse.   Commander Julian Bennett was secretly suspended last month following claims involving controlled drugs. It was reported that he was taken off duty after refusing to have a drug test following a tip-off about alleged substance abuse.    The veteran officer now faces an internal investigation by Scotland Yard’s directorate of professional standards, despite reports that part of his role in the force is acting as chairman in misconduct proceedings.   Nicknamed ‘Sacker,’ Mr. Bennett is well known for his stern rulings due to the number of officers kicked out of the force, having presided over hundreds of hearings since 2010, including some of the force’s most controversial invest...